Who can apply?
Working with us at The Liberty Centre is a great opportunity for those who enjoy helping people with special needs.
If you have the ability to assist with the personal, mental, emotional and social care of all clients, and are capable of working within a team to help provide a consistent, stimulating and caring environment for people with learning difficulties plus Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), then we welcome you to apply to join our team.
Support Workers Wanted
We are looking for Support Workers to join our Day Service/Domiciliary Care/Supported Living team.
Please read the job description before applying for this role.
Click Next to read the Job Description
SERVICE AREA: Day Service /Domiciliary Care /Supported Living
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
Assisting with the personal, mental, emotional and social care of all clients and working as part of a team to provide a consistent, stimulating and caring environment for clients who have a learning disability plus Autistic Spectrum Disorder( ASD)
A Full Uk Drivers licence will be an advantage. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please Click Next
1) Offer personal care to the service user in a respectful, dignified and non-judgmental manner using appropriate manual handling techniques and equipment if required and participate in training relevant to this.
2) Support client in accessing and participating in community based activities such as Adult Education classes, social events, sports groups etc.
3) Complete all written information according to requirements in a manner, which is professional and accessible to colleagues and other professionals.
4) Participating in sleeping-in duties, evenings, weekends, bank holidays and clients holidays.(Domiciliary Care Units Only)
5) Responsibility for the ongoing management of the service in the absence of more senior staff.
6) Administer prescribed medications to clients according to departmental policies and procedures.
7) Undertaking supervised key worker duties with clients, family and other key workers as appropriate.
8) Participating in the development, monitoring and the updating of Person centred Plans for key client.
9) Appreciate, understand and have knowledge of different ethnic needs, and ensure that they are met and encourage clients similarly. Liberty Centre
10) Have awareness of oppressive and sexist attitudes and encourage clients to avoid these.
Please Click Next
11) To undertake driving duties if required.(U.K Licence holders only)
12) To respond in an appropriate way to aggressive, self-injurious, or other challenging behaviour exhibited by client.
13) To undertake any other tasks required that help with the implementation and development of services.
14) To use and assist others in the use of information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
15) To achieve service outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by the line manager.
16) To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
17) At all times carrying out responsibilities and duties in accordance with all relevant legislation, codes of practice and Liberty’s policies and procedures.
Please Click Next to Apply