The Liberty Centre Ltd specialises in the provision of Day Services, Supported Living Scheme, Domiciliary and Respite Care for people with:
- Autism and moderate to severe learning disability.
- Severe challenging behaviour of such intensity, frequency or duration that the physical safety of the person or others is likely to be placed in serious jeopardy or behaviour which is likely to seriously limit or deny access to and use of ordinary community facilities .(Emmerson et al, 1988)
What will happen if I need Liberty Centre Limited?
- A referral (request for help) is made to our help desk, tel. no: 0208 5998626
- An assessment of need is carried out by our staff who will visit, or talk to you on the telephone to see if help needs to be provided
- If we can provide a service you will receive a ‘Statement of Needs’ form which details the services we will provide
Our Centre Manager or Director of Care will meet service users and their carers before we begin to provide a service for them. During this meeting we will agree on:
- the services to be provided
- when they will start; and
- approximately when and for how long our staff will visit.
Our Support Workers are well trained and have a range of care skills. Which helps them meet the service users” needs.
We are fully insured to carry out the services we provide.
We will ensure:
- each service user is valued and has the right to control their own affairs.
- each service user has control over how they live their life, make their decisions and express their wishes and preferences.
We are committed to:
- Relieving the stress which service users experience as a result of their disability.
- Respecting the individuality of service users and promoting their independence, dignity and safety. We will also respect their privacy, personal choices, lifestyles, customs, cultures and values.
- Involving service users and carers in managing and developing our services we will regularly monitor the services we provide to make sure that they continue to meet users” needs and share good practice.
To protect you from abuse
Liberty Centre Limited in conjunction with other agencies, has a responsibility to protect its service users from abuse and harm. The Liberty Centre takes seriously this responsibility.
All staff have a responsibility to ensure that allegations of abuse are reported and are investigated in accordance with the Protection of Vulnerable Adults procedure. A full copy of this procedure can be obtained from any member of staff.
Our staff are recruited, trained, supervised carefully and go through the Criminal Records Bureau Screening process to ensure they provide a safe, suitable service that meets your needs.
We are continually trying to improve Liberty Centre Limited.
We have policies and procedures which we follow that cover the following areas. Copies are available.
We measure our performance and compare ourselves with others to see how we are doing.
From time to time we send out questionnaires to ask for feedback on the service which we analyse and take action upon. We give feedback on what we learn and make changes as a result.
We review our service by coming out to talk to you and check that things are going ok.
We will give feedback from time to time to changes we have made in response to the above.
We check how we are doing against local performance indicators to ‘benchmark’, that is to check how our service is performing against other providers.
We supervise and meet with our staff regularly. We also observe our staff when they are working to check that they are doing things correctly.
If you are not satisfied with the way you have been treated you can make an appointment to see the manager.
Our staff wear ID badges so you know who they are. Always ask to see our staff’s Identification Badge (ID) if you are unsure.
Health and Safety
We take health and safety seriously both to protect you and our staff.
We will carry out risk assessments to see if there are any hazards which we need to take account of and reduce or eliminate if we can.
We need your help to work with us to ensure everyone involved is safe.